This morning, I had to tell Jesus that I was/am sorry for my impatience. It really gets the better of me most times!
I mentioned recently that my husband and I had an opportunity to get into full-time ministry. We’ve felt a call for about five years now, but nothing would ever open up. We tried to move to another city, tried to find employment, and housing…but nothing ever panned out. That’s because God wants us here.
A few weeks back, God opened the door for us, and we have decided to walk through, so everything is settled! But here I am, still being impatient! I’m so excited, I can’t sleep at night. My mind is going a hundred miles an hour. It’s like I have A.D.D.! I can’t concentrate…I’m scattered! Why? Because I don’t want to wait another minute! I WANT TO DO IT RIGHT NOW! But there are a few things that must be taken care of first…so I must wait a few more days.
Pray for me! I’m not good at waiting!
I went to my Promise Box this morning, and asked that God would ease my mind and help me with this urge I have to “Git ‘er done!”, “Jump at”, “Dive in”, “Fall head long into…”, or whatever other cliché you know that describes my condition. HE gave me not one promise…but five! LOL! He knows how bad my condition is…so He increased my dose…loaded me up on the medicine of His Word! Take a look….
- “Therefore is any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” -2 Corinthians 5:17
- “The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” -Deuteronomy 33:27
- “The Lord shall open unto thee His good treasure.” -Deuteronomy 28:12
- “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers.” -1 Peter 3:12
- “We KNOW that ALL things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose.” -Romans 8:28
Here are the poem and prayer that accompanied two of the promises….
“I know not what the future hath
Of marvel or surprise,
Assured alone that life and death
His mercy underlies!” -Unknown
Dear Lord, help us to give up our fears, and anxieties and give ourselves fully to YOU!
I think I got it now…at least for today, but please pray for me in the days to come! My “condition” causes me to forget the promises of God…and I dare say…I’m not in that boat alone!