We’ve all heard of Alcoholics Anonymous and their twelve step program to recovery.
Well…today I want to give you the ten step program to overcoming fear in your life! These were notes my husband had written for a sermon he preached. They are good things for us to all remember when fear comes knocking. Take a look…. -anita
- Name It! -don’t kid yourself and call it anxiety or depression…call it by its real name…FEAR
- Study It! –know your enemy! Fear is our enemy, for it keeps us from moving forward.
- Expose It! -don’t isolate yourself…don’t hide it from yourself or others; admit it! This makes it lose it’s power.
- Permit It! -symptoms help you cope.
- Fight It With Faith! -Romans 10:17 says this: “ So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” When you have faith, you BELIEVE GOD’S WORD!
- Outsmart It! –change your thinking! Stop agreeing with fear when it whispers in your ear!
- Confront It! –Jesus said, “Fear Not! For I am with you!”
- Diffuse It! -Speak LIFE to your situation! When you do this, fear loses it’s potency
- Disarm It! –Realize that nothing is going to harm you…it’s just the voice of fear you are hearing once again.
- Declare Your Victory! –Revelation 12:11 says: “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…” Share your victories! Get up and testify about all the good things God is doing in your life!
Go to God in earnest prayer, and ask Him, “What is my fear trying to keep me from doing?” He will reveal it to you!
Remember…Courage is not just being brave…it is OVERCOMING your fear! Ask God for help…then, BELIEVE!