I drew this promise from my box this morning….
“God…hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God, in the face of Jesus Christ.” -2 Corinthians 4:6
So…what does that look like? How do we “give the light…” One thing that came to my mind was being thankful. We need to give praise and thanksgiving to God every day for all the blessings he bestows upon us.
The world seems to never have enough. Folks are always looking for a bigger house…a newer car…a better job…fancier clothes…expensive vacations so they can boast…and the list goes on.
All those things are nice…but they should not be the things we strive for. God shined His Light -Jesus, into our darkness, and we in turn are to share that Light with those around us.
Sometimes, …. Most times, we take for granted the blessings of God. Last year, I started a “THANK YOU!” jar. Everyday, I would put in a “Thank You” to the Lord for a blessing he had given me that day. As I looked over some of the blessings, I was amazed at how God works in our lives everyday, and we forget.
Remember the Children of Israel after God had delivered them out of Egypt, and performed the miracle at the Red Sea? Not long after…they forgot and started complaining…. AGAIN! Unfortunately, we are no different! We forget all the things God has delivered us from…and complain the moment things get a little tough. Don’t get offended now! I’m preaching to myself here too!
Here is a small list of my “Thank You’s”
- Thank you Lord for my loving, faithful husband!
- I thank God for my kids…I love them very much!
- I thank God for His undying mercy towards me!
- Thank you Lord for Your Peace!
- I thank You God for shelter…a warm bed…plenty to eat…laughter…love…family
- Thank You for good health
- I thank God for sending His Only Son, Jesus to die for me…I’d be totally and completely lost without Him!
- I thank God for keeping His hand on my children!
- I thank You for the assurance of Salvation!
- I thank God for how He is going to use my book for His glory! It was two years in the making, Bless it Lord, and let it be a blessing to others!
- I thank God that He knew me before I was born, and made me who I am!
- I thank You Lord for each opportunity You give me to share your love!
The little poem that went with the promise says this:
“When all Your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view, I’m lost in wonder, love, and praise!” -Unknown
If we don’t know how to witness and share God’s love…we can still make a huge impact on those around us by giving God praise and being thankful for all of His blessings! They will come to us and ask why we are so blessed…then we can share the love of God that shines in our life! Like the song called SHINE! by the Newsboys says: ” Shine Make ’em wonder what you‘ve got. Make ’em wish that they were not, On the outside looking bored. Shine Let it shine before all men. Let‘em see good works, and then. Let ‘em glorify the Lord…”
Amen to that, guys!