The other day, I was thinking about all of God’s blessings…things I take for-granted…things I’ve pretty much always had access to, so they became the norm for me; then I thought about others in this world that have not been as fortunate as I, and I began to count my blessings. Here are just a few…-anita
When upon life’s billows, you are tempest tossed; when you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, count your many blessings…name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!
Count your blessings…name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done! Count your blessings! Name them one by one! Count your many blessings…see what God has done! -from an old Hymnal
- JESUS! THE GREATEST BLESSING OF ALL!
- MY SLAVATION AND RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM
- MY HUSBAND AND OUR LOVE
- MY CHILDREN AND THEIR SUCCESSES; I’M SO PROUD OF ALL OF THEM!
- MY CHURCH, AND MY PASTORS’ KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORD
- MY GRAND CHILDREN, AND THE SWEETNESS THEY OOZE OUT!
- MY HOME AND IT’S COMFORTS
- MY POSSESSIONS…THINGS THAT HOLD SENTIMENTAL VALUE
- CLOTHES TO WEAR
- FOOD…MORE THAN PLENTY TO EAT
- WATER TO DRINK
- WARMTH WHEN IT’S COLD
- MY BED…20 YEARS OLD, BUT STILL THE BEST!
- MY PETS AND THEIR ANTICS!
- MY FRIENDS…PAST AND PRESENT, AND ALL I LEARN AND HAVE LEARNED FROM THEM!
- MY EXTENDED FAMILY
- MY ENEMIES, AND THE LESSONS THEY HAVE TAUGHT ME ON “HOW NOT TO BE”
- GOD’S WONDERFUL CREATION AND THE NEW BEAUTY I FIND IN IT EVERYDAY…IF I TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK
- LOVE…AND ALL OF IT’S DIFFERENT FACETS!
- HEALTH…BODY, MIND, SOUL, AND SPIRIT
- WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING
- ABILITY TO WRITE
- PRAYER…COMMUNION WITH GOD!
- GOD’S VOICE SPEAKING TO ME
- THE BIBLE…HIS WRITTEN WORD, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO STILL WORSHIP HIM AND HAVE HIS WORD IN MY LIFE WITHOUT FEAR OF IMPRISIONMENT OR DEATH!
WHAT BLESSINGS CAN YOU COUNT FROM GOD? TAKE A MOMENT TO NAME THEM, AND YOU MAY BE AS SURPRISED AS I WAS!
By: Anita Mondragon December 2015