“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:13 For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” —Isaiah 41:10,13
When fear tries to overtake you…try these 10 key elements to overcome it.
- Name it. Call it out for what it is…admit that it is Fear
- Study it. Know your enemy; for fear is truly your enemy and will destroy you if you permit it to do so
- Expose it. Admit that you have fear, and ask your friends to pray for you. Don’t isolate yourself.
- Permit it. Sometimes, symptoms help you cope. Tell yourself, “This will pass.”
- Fight it with Faith! Read Romans 10:17
- Outsmart it. Change your thinking. Instead of dwelling on your fear, distract your mind. Read your Bible!
- Confront it! Face your fears. Jesus said, “Fear not!”
- Diffuse it! Think on things that are lovely…create new neural pathways. It will become less harmful…less potent. Read Philippians 4:8. Meditate on the things listed there.
- Disarm it! Nothing is going to harm you. It’s just fear again, raising its ugly head. Nothing can touch you without God’s permission!
- Declare your victory! Share your victories. Be bold, and give your Testimony. Tell others how God has pulled you through this time!
Fear comes to stop us…to halt us in our tracks. Search yourself. What is God trying to take you to? What is your fear trying to keep you from? It’s the next level God has for you…a new blessing! Seize it! Don’t let fear keep you from it!
COURAGE IS NOT BEING JUST BRAVE, IT IS OVERCOMING YOUR FEAR!
By: Mike Mondragon